Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wiffle Cards

Made some wiffle ball cards with Microsoft paint. These are a few of them.

The first one is a 1990 Topps. Awesome Blacks isn't a racist name but a combination of two team names, Team Awesome and Black Velvet.

This one is a 1988 Score. I put little Stars of David in the corner instead of the traditional 5 pointed stars. Doubt anyone will notice. I kind of wish Nick Viti wasn't running in from the outfield on this one. It would make it look more like Jake was trotting home after a homer.





I like this card a lot. It's a great picture, though I'm not sure whether I connected or not. I like the strip of tiny gray wiffle balls (instead of baseballs) and I made sure to include the beer sitting behind me on the ground. Come to think of it, I think I hit a ground rule double on this swing then called timeout to walk back to the plate and get my beer.
There's another version of this card with the Black Velvet logo in the corner but I'm not happy with how it turned out. I wish these cards were real so I could give them to people.

No comments: