Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Strange Coincidence

When I was picking up the piano in Standish, I was looking for the screwdriver in the truck so I could lower the tailgate. It's an old truck so it has quirks like that. Well I'd forgotten that my dad leaves it in the door compartment so I reached blindly under the front seat to look for it. I immediately pulled out a tan Levi's wallet, which I had lost in college. It had all sorts of junk in it, the newest thing being a tiny paper from a funeral for a friend dated to February 2002. I also found the following: A blockbuster membership card, a credit union debit card, an old orange Bullmoose card, a tattered copy of my social security card, a ticket from a 2001 Bruins game, my ID, which expired in 2002- which tells me I lost the wallet sometime in 2002- and some senior photos. One of Breanne, Ethan (from 1990), Jen, Kate Holzinger, and Jesse Rowe. There was also a key on a keyring, it looks like the front door key to the old house in West Gardiner. The craziest part, is what was in the money pocket of the wallet. Naturally, there was no money, but there was a pink slip of paper with a to-do list on it. Write this, go here, so on, but at the bottom of the list was "Move piano down to Bre's." That was my old piano I was talking about, and I was referring to Breanne's apartment in downtown Gorham. And I happened to find it on the day I was moving a new piano for Breanne. Oddly enough, we drove by her old place in Gorham on the way back to Old Orchard with the piano in the back.
It was nice to see the old photos of Jen and Kate and I hadn't seen Breanne's senior picture in years.

No comments: