Saturday, May 16, 2009

just wiffin'

Saturday, the 16th of May, my brother drove down from Farmingdale. We played a lot of wiffle. Over the past two days I probably threw 500 pitches, easy. My arm feels like it's about to fall off. Most people would probably consider throwing a wiffle ball minor stress, but the truth is it can actually be more wearisome on your arm because the ball is so much lighter and requires more torque to travel fast and far. I was throwing good screwballs and curves when the day began but by the end I was just lobbing it in there.
We did a HR derby and strike out contest and discussed the rules of play and ideas for making the field better. After he left I dragged a long stick through the fir trees and found two balls that had been lodged in the branches, so all told we only lost one ball today. It will probably turn up eventually though.
I have softball practice tomorrow at noon. I'll be rolling the ball in from the outfield if my arm doesn't loosen up. A 80% chance of thunderstorms though, so there may not be a practice.

No comments: