Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New fence in right field

I'm 27 years old so I thought tonight I'd make a right field wall for my wiffle ball field. I'm making it out of some type of trash bag material designed for covering a garden in the winter and a couple rolls of yellow duct tape and a few switches of skinny, tough bamboo. It sounds like it's going to suck but it actually looks good so far. I'm estimating that the wall will be between 3 and 3 1/2 feet tall, which will be beneficial to any left-handed hitters this Saturday at the wiffle ball party. My brother is the only lefty I know of. He should be happy when he sees the wall on Saturday.
It will still be tough to hit one out as there is a tree just to the right of 1st base, in foul territory, and it's branches hang over the field and throw a shadow in deep right. To hit a home run to right you've got to hit a line drive that goes no higher than 8 ft or so and no lower than 3 ft and it's got to travel 70 ft- no easy task. I'm betting we see a few get over the wall though.
To go with the theme of the last few blogs, not sure what Breanne will think of a trash bag wall on the lawn. I'll find out in about 20 minutes.

No comments: