Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ross Rd Run

Went for a run today, around the Ross road loop. It's about 6.5 miles. Most of the second half of the run is on the beach, which made it particularly hard today with the hot sun overhead.
About a mile after I turned on to Ross road a green car whizzed by me and the guy in the passenger street yelled- I'm guessing in an attempt to make me jump. My first instinct was a bad one. I bent over and picked up a rock and was going to huck it at their back window. Fortunately, I composed myself in time to not let go of the rock. The car tapped it's breaks, but they didn't turn around. I then picked up the rock in case they came back for another holler, but after jogging 50 ft or so I decided it would be unwise to throw a rock at a car, regardless of how many times the passengers holler at you. I imagined them coming back, getting into a verbal altercation, and then me having to fight them off with a stick found along the road. Needless to say, nothing ended up happening as they never drove by again.
There were Caterpillars and dump trucks on the beach, removing seaweed and spinning around aimlessly. Seems like a silly job as the tide will get rid of most of it. I imagine they're preparing for this weekend, Memorial Day, because the beach and OOB will probably be packed.
There was a kid behind a wheelbarrow, wearing gloves, near the Beachfront Condotel and he said to me in a contrived and painfully deep voice, "how goes it?" I'm not sure why boys and eventually men work so hard to have these baritone, guttural voices. Most of the time it just sounds silly. I said "hi" in the highest voice I could muster.
..................................................................................
An update on the piano: I plan to pick it up on Friday if I can get the truck by then. I'll probably get my brother to help me if he's not busy. I told Breanne that I had a surprise for her, but the only hit I would give her was "I won't know what it is for a couple of weeks." Clearly that's not true, but I figured it would get her thinking- in the wrong direction. She begged for more hints but I didn't budge. At one point she said, "It's not anything that's going to take up a lot of space is it?"
Not a good sign.

No comments: