Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thieves!

Had my car broken into a few days ago. I must have left in unlocked after getting back from Oakland recently. It may have happened the day before yesterday, or the previous day- we don't drive very often.
Clearly whoever broke into the car didn't spend long doing it. They only took things from the front. On the back seat were two LL Bean sleeping bags and in the storage space behind the seats we keep cooking gear, a tent, fireworks, tools, roller blades- all sorts of fun stuff.
Instead, the thief opted to take four dollars, two flashlights, a Sudoku book, a few CDs, a phone charger and Joseph.
Joseph is the only thing that pisses me off. He was a tiny brown figurine, a gollum, that my sister had given me years ago and that I never drive without. It was some Jewish creature from folklore that rose out of the mud and protected townsfolk. It was on the corner of the dashboard, tucked away and honestly hard to see unless you're sitting in the driver's seat. I know there will always be crooks in the world, but what would possess someone to take something like that?
I guess that's just part of living in the city though.

1 comment:

teh bobbi said...

if i were the theif, that would have been the only thing i would have taken. i would be equally pissed if someone stole my copilot, which, is actually it's name.