Sunday, September 7, 2008

Shaking my Chair

I was eating at Los Hermanos on Friday night when I felt my first earthquake. I've apparently experienced several since moving to the west coast but this is the first time I've actually felt one. Half way through my second taco, I thought someone was behind me shaking my chair. I turned around but nobody was there and Breanne turned in her chair at the same time, so I asked her why she was turning around.
"I thought someone was shaking my chair," she said.
I suggested that it might be an earthquake but we didn't confirm it until the next day. The paper said it was a 4.0 on the Richter scale. I'm not entirely sure what that means but I guess no one got hurt. All our cabinets have magnets on the doors so they don't jiggle open when earthquakes hit.
The next day I ate at Los Hermanos again but there wasn't an earthquake. The tacos were still delicious though.

2 comments:

teh bobbi said...

are you sure someone didn't just fart?

Gary said...

no.