Saturday, October 25, 2008

Olympic Ballots

It's October 25th, and you (nobody) know(s) what that means: ballots are due.

I sent out the ballots on September 10th, giving people 6 weeks to fill them out and return them. They could be mailed to MOC (Maine Olympic Committee) headquarters (my parents house) or simply returned in an email reply. Most people have told me it took about 3 minutes to fill out. Well, I've received exactly half of the 22 ballots that went out in September. And that's counting two that were sent home that I've yet to tally. My sister seems to think that's a fair response, and I suppose it would be if I was sending out some boring chain letter but this is a 2009 Maine Summer Olympics ballot. Come on! It took me 10 minutes, tops, to fill it out, and I feel like I put a lot of thought into it.
Either way, it looks like we'll have an alright turnout. At the moment, I've received more ballots from females than males. Usually, the problem with any sporting event or team is acquiring female interest. Breanne says it's just because females are better at returning ballots and that sort of thing. She's probably right (KEITH!).

I'm not at liberty to say much about the totals, but I can reveal that Eating Contest is not going to be one of the events. Probably for the best.

1 comment:

teh bobbi said...

I'm not going if there aren't enough guys/no eating contest. I'm pretty sure the eating contest was my number one choice.