Friday, July 11, 2008

Trivia Night 7/11/08


We went to a trivia night at a bar called The Rogue last night. We'd passed the bar a few times on the 45 bus line. Breanne called up her friend Matt and he brought his wife.

The questions weren't terribly hard but our team struggled. None of us were any good at current events. When I got the first question correct, about the Roman god Janus, I thought I might have a good night, but it was all down hill from there.

We missed a question about the geography of New Zealand even though I have a world map shower curtain and I usually stare at it for about 10 minutes with the water on before I even break out the soap. Breanne and I agreed that from now on she is now responsible for the southern hemisphere and the north is mine.

We shit the bed in the desert round. We were given the names of 10 deserts of the world and 10 countries and we had to match them up. Once Breanne assured us, wrongly, that the first desert was in Chile, the rest of them fell into a logical, albeit incorrect, order.

One round was entirely devoted to soda. I wasn't any help in this round until the last question: In what movie is the line, "If you want a Pepsi kid, you're going to have to pay for it"? In the last 2 years alone I've probably watched Back to the Future 20 times.

I made little reparation in the music round. I knew a few that were lost on the rest of the group, but I also mistook the Hollies for the Zombies. None of us could pull out Jefferson Starship when "Nothing's gonna stop us Now" was played.

Major trivial failures of the night

1. Failed to answer an easy question about Grace Kelly.
2. Failed to identify Jason Botts in a photograph.
3. Mistook the Hollies for the Zombies.
4. Ordered the Juniper Pale Ale.
5. Missed a Patrick Leahy question.

No comments: