Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Daryl Strawberry and Nunchucks


I was downtown today and found a small sports store that sold expensive sweatshirts and collectibles. In a bin near the front of the store were some old posters, 1.50 apiece. I found a Daryl Strawberry one and a Braveheart poster. I was surprised to see the Braveheart one mixed in with old sports posters but I figured someone just wanted to get rid of it. I also found an old Hideo Nomo pennant, from his days with the Dodgers.


When I got home I unrolled the posters to look at them. The Daryl Strawberry one was sweet but the Braveheart one turned out to be a Wayne Chrebet poster with the word "Braveheart", written in the same font used for the Mel Gibson movie, scribbled across the bottom. I probably won't keep the Chrebet one because I don't like the Jets or football, but the Strawberry will definitely go in my California poster collection.


So far the collection includes two posters:

-Daryl Strawberry with the Dodgers

-Step by Step explanation of Nunchaku


I saw something about Steve Bartman somewhere and it reminded me of this article I'd read once.

No comments: