Saturday, July 19, 2008

Brewers vs Giants 7/18/08


Sat in center field last night and watched CC Sabathia throw a 4-hit shutout in a 9-1 victory over the Giants. He struck out 10 and his only blemish was a solo shot by Rowand leading off one of the innings. He guessed fastball and he was right. So, that's three starts for Sabathia in a Brewers uniform. He's 3-0 with 2 complete games, 24 K, and he's even hit as many home runs as he's allowed. Pretty good considering he weighs 290 lbs.

It was cold at AT & T park. They were doing one of those credit card promos so we signed up and got a free blanket. Last time I did that they never even mailed me my card. I felt bad for the guy sitting in front of me. His girlfriend kept complaining about how cold it was so he kept stripping layers off himself and giving them to her. She still complained and he watched the whole game with just a t-shirt on. I wasn't cold at all because I had a thermal sweatshirt my brother bought me for Christmas Jr.

At the gate they were handing out bobble heads. I was hoping for Tim Lincecum, maybe Omar Vizquel, but it was the Crazy Crab. I guess he's the Giants playfully loathed mascot. Not sure why they made a bobble head out of it. The real mascot made an appearance in the 6th, ran on to the field doing a crab dance and jumping and clicking his heels. Later on they showed footage on the big screen of people throwing trash at him. The smile never left his face. Breanne and I both got a bobble head. I've got them on the window sill. One of them bobbles well but the other one collapsed on itself so it looks like a dwarf crab.

As for the Giants, I don't know how that team wins any games. They've got Bengie Molina batting clean up. And they still charge you 20 bucks to sit in the bleachers.

No comments: