Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cold Showers


As part of my training for the 2009 Maine Summer Olympics, I will only be taking cold showers for the next year. I've been reading up on the benefits of using cold water in the shower. Not only is it good for your pores, but it improves your immune system and helps the circulation of blood. And of course it's one of those stereotypical tough-guy-training requirements, like drinking raw eggs from a glass and chasing a chicken around the yard. Ideally, it will help me acquire Olympic immortality. Citius, Altius, Fortius!


2 comments:

Jake said...

You should add "the Terminator" to your shower ritual. You start off crouched down in the "I'm a naked Terminator who just traveled through time" pose. Slowly stand up while singing the Terminator theme song and then open your eyes. It is very effective.

Gary said...

wow I'm actually going to start doing that. what do you mean by "effective"?