Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Anesthetist

Breanne's going back to school to be an anesthetist. This is a difficult word to say if you haven't practiced it. Some people go as far as to say anesthesiologist but I don't even try to roll that one out. I was listening to Ricky Gervais' Podcast and they were talking about anesthetists and it made me think of the times I've been put under. I had two surgeries as a teenager to have tumors removed. The only reason I had two was they didn't finish the job the first time. Before the first surgery, I recall lying on my back, intubated, and the nurse telling me they were going to knock me out and I should start counting down from 100. I don't remember getting very far. The next time I had the surgery, a few years later, I went through the whole process again. I decided to see how long I could count down before passing out. I made it to the mid-60's, which is maybe my proudest living moment.

2 comments:

teh bobbi said...

Oh this is so exciting!!! What are you going to be?

Gary said...

A banker, a carpenter or a farmer.