Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mind Teaser

Breanne gave me a couple brain books for X-mas jr. The Great Book of Mind Teasers & Mind Puzzlers by George J. Summers and The Book of IQ tests by two guys named Carter and Russell. The puzzlers book I actually had as a kid. I think it was my brothers but we all used it. I remember the illustrations because they're scary. The men all look like dark apes with big brows and penetrating eyes- the artist uses lots of shading and cross-hatching.
I took one of the IQ tests this morning and it was much harder than the one I took in San Francisco. I should probably be devoting my brain to trivia for the 12-week challenge at Jimmy the Greeks' instead. We've finished 3rd and 4th so far in four weeks, so we're doing OK. Unfortunately, Breanne is going to miss the next two Mondays because of work so our best days are probably behind us.

No comments: