Thursday, April 30, 2009

wiffle ball

well shit. I've been slacking with my blogs.
I guess the coolest thing I've been up to, if you want to call it cool, is making a wiffle ball field. I'm having a wiffle ball party at my house on the 23rd of May and I've been working on getting the field together for a few weeks. I've bought materials for constructing foul poles but I'm still waiting on my yellow duct tape I ordered in the mail. It should be hear in the next few days, then I can put up my 12-15 ft tall foul poles (depending on how deep I shove them into the ground).
I cut back the prickly bushes that once shredded my legs up while I attempted to make a diving catch three years ago, and put a warning track in front of what was left of the bush.
I also made a strike zone we won't need an umpire or have to argue balls and strikes. I'll probably construct a better one once I get some better lumber but it'll do in the meantime.
I ordered two dozen wiffle balls online and have accumulated 3 or 4 additional balls with the bats I've bought.
I've also been working on some pitches. I can throw the curve consistently and I can occasionally get the slider working. When I have those two moving, and throw in the fastball, I've got a fairly good arsenal.

No comments: