Sunday, September 7, 2008

Event Ballot

I'm almost ready to send out the event ballot for the 2009 Maine Summer Olympics. I've been emailing with my brother and we're just about finished with the form. The mandatory events have already been decided by the Maine Olympic Committee, which is composed of Ethan, Manda, myself, Jake and Greg. The mandatory events are 1 mile run, World Geography, Ping Pong and Tug-of-war.
I should do fine in World Geography as it's just a matter of putting in the study time. Last Olympics, the '07 Couples games, we had a similar event- World Capitals. I correctly identified every Capital except for Spain's, which I just forgot to fill in. Ping Pong I expect to win, unless there's a dark horse I'm not aware of. Tug-of-War is a team event, so that's a toss up. As for the mile, I've already begun training for this and I hope to finish in the top 5. There is no way I can realistically beat Greg or Jake but I'm hoping I can keep up with my sister. She's beat me two times in two Olympics.

The other event's that will be voted on are as follows:
Disc Golf
100 m dash
Eating Contest
Pictionary
Soccer
Pictionary
Beer Pong
Three-pointers
Baseball accuracy
Home run derby
Horseshoes
badminton

No comments: