Thursday, March 19, 2009

Animal Control

Got a letter from the Gardiner Police Department today. Specifically, it was from the Office of the Animal Control Officer. Their records indicated that I am the owner of a dog(s) over 6 months of age, which has not been licensed. In accordance with Title 7, MRSA, 3921 & 3943, I am obligated to license my dog at the municipal clerk's office annually on or before January 31, 2009. Fortunately, the letter arrived today, on the 19th of March, 2009.
First of all, I wonder who the gumshoe is that determined I had an unregistered dog, or dogs. Apparently the Gardiner Police Department's files are so exact that their records indicate that I have either a dog or multiple dogs. Frightening perspicacity! And I don't know if it's the flu I've had recently or what, but Title 7, MRSA, 3921 & 3943 completely slipped my mind. I feel like a fool.

Regardless, I don't own a dog, and so I called up the office. I spoke to a woman on the other end of the line and told her so. She said her records indicated that I did indeed have a dog. I said, Nope, I've never had one- which isn't true, but for some reason, I said it. So she said she'd get back to me but that they might have to send someone around to investigate. And I hope they do.

2 comments:

MyLifeIsClownShoes said...

we got one of those letters today too, but we actually do have a dog....

teh bobbi said...

uhhh and you don't even live in gardiner? it should have been the oob police after you and your law breaking ways.